Pavement Reinforcement System
GlasGrid® Paving Reinforcement combines strength and elasticity for long-lasting performance and helps arrest this cycle of deterioration. It’s the hidden strength in the road, reducing reflective cracking for years to come.
GlasGrid works by reinforcing asphalt concrete overlays in pavement construction. The fiberglass grid is “sandwiched” between the leveling and surface courses of asphalt, and is designed to turn crack stresses horizontally and dissipate the stress. GlasGrid helps retard cracking from reflecting through a new asphalt overlay to the surface.
Features & Benefits:
- Lowers maintenance costs
- Repairs severely cracked roads and postpones complete reconstruction
- Dramatically extends the life of roads, runways and parking lots, pedestrian pavement grid
- Open aperture design promotes aggregate interlock between paving courses, greatly decreasing shear potential that is common with paving fabrics
- High stiffness, high modulus of elasticity, low elongation
- Effective bonding of grid during installation to leveling course with patented adhesive backing (standard practice of use of tack coat is recommended to enhance or promote bonding between lifts of ACC layers)
- Ease of constructability allows for GlasGrid installation and immediate placement of overlying pavement